Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back where I started!!!

So, we got back to Auckland and had to return SETI (boo hoo!). We then had an evening and the following day to look round Auckland. The first thing we did was meet up with Chris, a guy who I met on an online game that I used to manage who lives in Auckland! Was really random meeting up on the other side of the world and was good to have someone with some local knowledge!! He took us to the beach for some fish and chips and gave us a mini sightseeing tour on the way there and back!! We had a walk to the Sky Tower and wandered around for a bit but it was the end of our NZ experience so we had no money and needed to organise some stuff and ended up in the internet cafe. We then watched some films at the hostel while we waited for our 5:45am flight to Sydney!

When we got to Sydney Sara jetted off to Melbourne (she'd hadn't seen it yet) so I decided to spend my last few days in Australia in the lovely town of Manly, where I spent the first three months of my travels! So that was five days ago, I met a couple of Irish guys in a dorm I was staying in and have spent my Manly days partying, surfing and lying on the beach (not in that order). Sara is back and tonight is our last night in Australia so we've decided to treat ourselves and booked into a very swish hotel in central Sydney! They took ages to check us in so upgraded us to a room with a view right across the city to the harbor, its by far the best view of the city I've ever seen! The room is amazing and there is a big flat screen TV, woohoooo! In fact, its so good that I'm going to stop writing about it and go back to the hotel!

Off to Thailand tomorrow evening then back home 2 days after on Thursday the 22nd, I'll probably write again but looking forward to seeing you all!!




The Sky Tower from below

No comments: